2D Game Engines for Making iPhone Games
I’m often asked about which iOS game engine to use, and I know most people are looking for list of game engines so here is list of few Game Engine that you can try. I am also describing them in brief meaner to give you a little idea before choosing any.
- Antiryad Gx : Antiryad Gx is an unified cross platform and multi core 3d game engine.
- App Game Kit : The App Game Kit solves many problems caused by mobile device fragmentation. With it you can code your game once and then deploy your game to multiple platforms. Different resolutions and input systems are all handled by AGK.
- BatteryTech Engine : Develop your game for Android, iOS and other mobile platforms using the powerful Lua scripting language which drives this high-performance 2D and 3D game engine.
- BatteryTech SDK : evelop your custom high-performance game in C++ on top of this feature-filled cross-platform library. This is the foundation product used for BatteryTech Engine and advanced developers will find a number of new and innovative options in the APIs.
- Bork3D Game Engine : The Bork3D Game Engine was built for mobile platforms. It actually has it’s roots in Rude Engine, a high-performance graphics library for Pocket PC, Symbian and N-Gage. Performance and scalability is considered in every corner of the Bork3D Game Engine. If performance is a criteria for you, seriously consider this engine. .
- Cinder : Cinder is a community-developed, free and open source library for professional-quality creative coding in C++.
- Cocos3d : This is the home page for cocos3d, a sophisticated 3D application development framework for the iOS platform. With cocos3d, you can build sophisticated, dynamic 3D games and applications using Objective-C.
All of the above Game engine word great for iPhone Game Development. There are many more to added in the list with time. Stay Tuned.