The technique of Search engine Optimization is divided into two main categories: On-page that covers what to do with the website itself and off-page that cover all the activities to be done elsewhere but for the website. Off-page optimization is well versed known as Link Building.
On-page Search engine optimizartion is the process to optimize the website using its keywords, Meta tags, content, website loading speed, images etc., working under SEO guidelines to attain high page rank by Search Engines. On-page optimization covers the various aspects of content on your page, how it links to content of your website, how relevant it is with the theme, what kind of text is in the links and the density of keywords on the page you are working on.
Some helpful techniques for better results are:
- Domain name: Before last 3 Google SEO updates, using a keyword burdened domain name was a trend if you wanted to rank higher and beat your competitors but today, It is strongly believed that it is better to combine a unique brand name than using keyword within a domain name.
- Find Keywords: You need to read the content of the page and find relevant keywords for the business. Let me tell you the secret of finding relevant keywords: Search one primary keywords i.e. relevant to your business and one secondary keyword i.e. a plural or an add-on to your primary keyword.
- Page Title: The page title appears as blue, underlines and bold text on Google search engine results. It should follow the numerous guidelines:
- Be under 65-70 characters.
- Primary keyword should be included.
- Keywords and branded names should be separated by pipes instead of hyphen and commas.
- Page title should be unique.
- Structural URL: Make sure the website URL should include primary keyword and align it with the page Title, content and meta description. Every word in the URL should be separated with the help of hyphen. For instance, www.examplesite.com/web-design-software
- Add Call to action: Every page of the website including blog and contact should have at least one call to action above button, helping visitors to scroll to top of page by clicking one button. From SEO point of view, it helps in internal linking of the home page to other landing pages. Many developers like to make a call to action button on images, therefore it can be optimized with the perfect filename consist of the primary keyword targeting for that page.
SEO tactics that create Avoid Spam:
- Cloaking: A website which rejects the altered webpages to search engines crawling the site or we can say a human reading the site would see unique content or information than the Googlebot or any other search engine robot will read while going through the site.
- Doorway Pages: Doorway pages are web pages which are designed and built specifically to draw traffic to your website. They are detached pages designed which act as doorways to your site.
So, make sure that your website is fulfilling all the aspects of on-page before you move towards off-page activities will definitely mark the success.