PhoneGap Decoded: Cross Platform App Development
Continuing with our previous topic, Cross Platform Application Development, today we will discuss about one of the top notch technology that allows for a breezy development of app that runs across different devices and operating system.
Today’s technology is PhoneGap, a widely famous open source framework that allows the developers to leverage many features, plugins, libraries and third party tools while making a cross platform app. So, let’s move ahead and see how befitting PhoneGap framework is.
Let’s see the pros and cons of using PhoneGap Cross Platform Technology:
- 100% Shareable code for all platforms
- Conducts the business objective easily
- Quick & easy app development
- Achievable native like functionality through API
- Cost Effective
- Native like functionality doesn’t guarantee true user experience.
- Debugging and troubleshooting troubles
- Complete native functionality not achievable on different devices.
- App running on browser doesn’t perform similar to native app.
Despite its pros and cons, PhoneGap is still a preferred way for businesses to develop a mobile app that runs on different platforms. Because of its rich environment and availability of third party tools and libraries, developers are able to make the app much native, although not purely.
Do you want to discuss a prospective app development project? Not sure if PhoneGap is the right platform for you? Write to us and we will answer your queries!